World Animal Net (WAN) was established to improve communication and coordination among the world's animal protection groups.
A world in which animal sentience is respected, and the welfare of animals protected.
WAN's mission is to improve the status and welfare of animals worldwide by offering information, expertise and new opportunities to connect, collaborate, and campaign for change.
* Recognition that animals are sentient beings.
* Compassion, justice and respect for all animals.
* The need for cooperation, collaboration and unity in the animal protection movement, including collective advocacy.
* The need for broader partnerships to advance animal welfare, including with policy influencers and implementers.
Ways of Working
All our activities are guided by our four ways of working:
* Research, analyze and strategize
* Share information and expertise, including best practice
* Stimulate cooperation, collaboration and coalition building
* Avoid duplication and competition